Amy Lauck, a partner at Lindquist & Vennum LLP, has been honored by Paybefore™ as a Top 10 Payments Lawyer based on votes received from Paybefore.com subscribers. Paybefore is a leading provider of information to thousands of members of the emerging payments industry, both in the United States and abroad. Lauck and her fellow honorees were recognized for their commitment to the people and progress of emerging payments at an awards ceremony held during the recent All Payments Expo held in Las Vegas. Nominations received for Lauck described her as a “most trusted business counterpart” with a “tireless commitment to clients.”
In her practice, Lauck advises financial institutions and third party service providers on legal and regulatory matters relating to various emerging payment products and services and assists her clients in negotiating complex commercial transactions and financing arrangements, drafting consumer disclosures, implementing new financial products and services, responding to and defending against consumer and regulatory claims. She also co-chairs of the firm’s Payment Systems and Consumer Financial Services Group.
“I am honored to be recognized in this manner by Paybefore,” stated Lauck. “The list is comprised of many outstanding individuals in the payments industry and I am extremely humbled to be included among them.”
Outside of her payments systems practice, Lauck is the mother of three children, serves as a Board Member of the Husby Performing Arts Center, and volunteers with various other charitable causes in her community. She also provides legal assistance to disadvantaged clients as part of Lindquist’s pro bono program and is currently helping two victims of human labor trafficking obtain permanent Visa status in the US.
Other Top 10 Payments Lawyers include:
- Chuck Rouse, Partner, Douthit Frets Rouse Gentile & Rhodes LLC and Chairman of Card Compliant (Kansas City, MO)
- David Durant, Secretary and General Counsel, Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA)
- Robert Courtneidge, Global Head of Cards and Payments, Locke Lord LLP (London, United Kingdom)
- John Hagy, Senior Vice President and Chief Legal Officer, MetaBank (Sioux Falls, SD)
- Reed Luhtanen, Senior Director of Payments Strategy, Walmart (Bentonville, AR)
- Julia Norris, Vice President and Deputy General Counsel, InComm (Atlanta, GA)
- Judith Rinearson, Partner, Bryan Cave LLP (New York, NY)
- Michael W. Sheridan, Attorney, Butler Snow LLP (Nashville, TN)
- Jacqueline D. Shinfield, Partner, Blakes, Cassels & Graydon (Toronto, Canada)