Bob Tunheim represents clients in mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance transactions and general business matters. He provides counsel to a variety of private equity groups in their formation, investments and liquidation transactions. His M&A and corporate finance work includes handling control transactions, minority investments, mezzanine financing transactions and corporate restructurings. Bob also provides general legal advice to businesses, including many of his private equity clients’ portfolio companies, on a variety of issues, including contract, finance, securities, licensing, choice of entity and other matters.
Bob’s work in the area of mergers and acquisitions has earned him multiple recognitions as a Super Lawyer, one of America’s Leading Lawyers for Business in Chambers USA and Best Lawyers in America – Mergers and Acquisitions Law.
Awards & Recognition
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Corporate M&A – Minnesota
- Minnesota Super Lawyers (2015, 2016)
- Best Lawyers in America (2015, 2017)
- 11th annual M&A Advisor Awards, Finalist, M&A Deal of the Year Between $10MM and $25MM (2012)
- North Star Lawyer, Minnesota State Bar Association (2013, 2014)
- Represented Productivity, Inc. in its acquisition of Monkton’s Machine Tools, Inc., June 2015.
- Represented Wealth Enhancement Group, LLC in its sale to Lightyear Capital, June 2015.
- Represented Bayview Capital Partners in its co-investment with Goldner Hawn Johnson & Morrison in Quest Events, June 2015.
- Represented Bloodhound Investment Research, Inc. in the sale of a majority equity interest to Minnesota Ventures, LLC, June 2015.
- Represented Convergent Capital Partners in a subordinated debt investment in Nutiva, May 2015.
- Represented Downs Food Group, Inc. in its acquisition of Fairmont Foods, Inc., March 2015.
- Represented Convergent Capital Partners in its acquisition of a majority stake in All Star Construction and related entities, February 2015.
- Represented Bayview Capital Partners in its acquisition of Seaway Plastics, February 2015.
- Represented Convergent Capital Partners in a subordinated debt investment in Staging Concepts, February 2015.
- Represented Convergent Capital Partners in a subordinated debt investment in Poblocki Sign Company, January 2015.
- Represented Checkers Industrial Products, LLC in its sale to an affiliate of Audax Group, November 2014.
- Represented Tonka Bay Equity Partners in the sale of its portfolio company Aero Systems Engineering, Inc., October 2014.
- Represented Angie’s Artisan Treats, LLC in the sale of a majority equity interest to TPG Growth, September 2014.
- Represented Convergent Capital Partners in a subordinated debt investment in Tavant Technologies, July 2014.
- Represented Spell Capital Mezzanine Partners in a subordinated debt investment in Las Vegas Color Graphics, May 2014.
- Represented Wealth Enhancement Group, LLC in its acquisition of Summit Wealth Advisors, LLC, November 2013.
- Represented Convergent Capital Partners in a senior and subordinated debt investment in Bay West LLC, November 2013.
- Represented AST Bearings LLC in their sale to Motion Industries, Inc., October 2013.
- Represented GMB Mezzanine Partners in a subordinated debt investment in Control Devices, LLC, August 2013.
- Represented SPINS LLC in its acquisitions of Third Solutions Inc., Data Garden and Destini LLC.
- Represented Aero Systems Engineering, Inc. in the sale of Celtech Corporation to Atec Inc., August 2013.
- Represented GMB Mezzanine Capital in its subordinated debt investment in Calcium Products, March 2013.
- Represented Bayview Capital Partners in its acquisition of Q Dental Group, December 2012.
- Represented Bayview Capital Partners in its acquisition of Quick Cable Inc., April 2012.
- Represented DentiGrafix LLC in its formation and early stage financing.
Media & Presentations
"Negotiating Intercreditor Agreements: Top Ten Tips for Mezzanine Lenders," Lindquist & Vennum, Dealmaker Counsel
The Real Estate Journal, Thomson Reuters Publications, Fall 2011
"Board of Director Duties and Protections," Marsh & McLennan Agency
“Private Equity & Alternative Equity Strategies: 2013 – An Improving Economy and Lots of Money on the Sidelines,” The Collaborative
You may use the wildcard symbol (*) as a root expander. A search for "anti*" will find not only "anti", but also "anti-trust", "antique", etc.
Entering two terms together in a search field will behave as though an "OR" is being used. For example, entering "Antique Motorcars" as a Client Name search will find results with either word in the Client Name.
AND and OR may be used in a search. Note: they must be capitalized, e.g., "Project AND Finance."
The + and - sign operators may be used. The + sign indicates that the term immediately following is required, while the - sign indicates to omit results that contain that term. E.g., "+real -estate" says results must have "real" but not "estate".
To perform an exact phrase search, surround your search phrase with quotation marks. For example, "Project Finance".
Searches are not case sensitive.