Lindquist & Vennum has amassed a wealth of experience and expertise advising private equity sponsors and dealmakers since the 1980s. We have a deep understanding of the unique issues and complexities in structuring and completing private equity transactions. That’s why dozens of financial sponsors regularly turn to us when choosing legal counsel. Chambers USA notes that the firm is “traditionally strong in private equity M&A.”
Our private equity practice encompasses a broad spectrum of clients and services. We counsel financial sponsors like buyout funds, mezzanine funds, venture capital funds and high net worth investors, portfolio companies, management groups, and lenders with a variety of private equity matters. We counsel the portfolio companies of private equity funds on a full range of matters, from add-on acquisitions, borrowings, refinancing and recapitalizations to executive compensation, employee benefits, real estate matters, and litigation.
We maintain a robust mezzanine lending practice, as part of which we regularly represent banks, subordinated debt funds and other investors.
- Serving as counsel to Angie’s Artisan Treats a growing player in the healthy snacks segment, during TPG Growth’s acquisition of a significant stake in the company.
- Guiding Tonka Bay Equity Partners through the sale of AeroSystems Engineering, a leading global provider of testing and engineering services to the aerospace and energy markets, to Gen Cap America, Inc. a Nashville-based private investment firm.
- Representing Churchill Capital in the sale of Orchid MPS Holdings, a medical implant manufacturer.
- Guiding Access Control Related Enterprises through the sale of Mercury Security, a manufacturer of OEM access control hardware, including controllers, readers and embedded solutions, to LLR Partners, a Philadelphia-based private equity firm.
- Serving as counsel to Norwest Equity Partners during the sale of their interest in protective sports equipment manufacturer Shock Doctor.
- Helping Spell Capital Mezzanine and Convergent Capital Partners invest alongside each other in a deal to acquire Las Vegas Color Graphics, the largest privately-owned, full service commercial printing company in Nevada.
- Representing Shoreview Industries in the sale of portfolio company Hamilton Engineering, a consulting and engineering firm focused on the international oil and gas industry, to private equity firm Corinthian Capital, and Abrasive Products and Equipment, a supplier of portable air blasting equipment, abrasive materials and related equipment parts for surface preparation, to private equity firm Ridgemont Capital.
- Representing GMB Mezzanine Capital and Medallion Capital in a mezzanine investment in Dynamic Systems, Inc.
- Representing Virtual Radiologic Corporation, a publicly-held global teleradiology company, in its stale to Providence Equity Partners.
- Assisting Wynnchurch Capital during their acquisition of Detroit Tool Metal Products Company.
- Serving as counsel to Northern Pacific Group in their first closing with the initial group of limited partners in their fund. We followed up by representing NPG during their investment into Delaget, LLC, which provides a reporting and accounting platform to the restaurant industry.
- Guiding Spell Capital portfolio company American Card Services in the purchase of Production Services Associates (PSA) and Vesta Card Manufacturing, both large-run card manufacturers operating in the gift, loyalty and membership sector.
- Guiding Norwest Equity Partners’ portfolio company BowTech through its acquisition of Excalibur Crossbows.
- Representing industrial safety equipment manufacturer Checkers Industrial Products, a portfolio company of Silver Peak Partners and Tonka Bay Equity Partners.
- Assisting Norwest Equity Partners during their acquisition of pharmacy supplier Apothecary Products.
- Helping Wynnchurch Capital in the asset acquisition of Imperial Group, L.P., a metal fabricator supplying light and medium gauge fabricated metal components, precision metal stampings, and value-added assemblies serving premier heavy truck, bus and industrial OEMs.
- Helping Badlands Capital Partners acquire the assets from a manufacturing company in bankruptcy.
- Guiding Stone Arch Capital through its purchase of Mid-State Reclamation & Trucking.
- Assisting Mill City Capital in the acquisition of JMH International, a manufacturer of soup, stock and sauce bases.
- Helping Silver Peak Partners create Medsource Holdings, Inc. through the merger of two durable medical equipment companies.
- Helping GMB Mezzanine Capital II acquire an agricultural limestone and gypsum pellet manufacturer.
- Guiding Suba Seed, an Italian portfolio company of Quadrivio, in the acquisition of a vegetable seed company in the southwestern United States.
- Representing Cressey & Co., a healthcare private equity firm, in joint ventures and other transactions for their portfolio company Wound Care Specialists.
- Serving as counsel to Accurate Home Care, a portfolio company of Gemini Investors, a Boston-based private equity firm.
- Representing Norwest Equity Partners in investment in health insurance technology company GoHealth.
- Representing Norwest Equity Partners in the acquisition of Surgical Information Systems, Inc., a provider of perioperative software solutions.
News & Events
The Real Estate Journal, Thomson Reuters Publications, Fall 2011
You may use the wildcard symbol (*) as a root expander. A search for "anti*" will find not only "anti", but also "anti-trust", "antique", etc.
Entering two terms together in a search field will behave as though an "OR" is being used. For example, entering "Antique Motorcars" as a Client Name search will find results with either word in the Client Name.
AND and OR may be used in a search. Note: they must be capitalized, e.g., "Project AND Finance."
The + and - sign operators may be used. The + sign indicates that the term immediately following is required, while the - sign indicates to omit results that contain that term. E.g., "+real -estate" says results must have "real" but not "estate".
To perform an exact phrase search, surround your search phrase with quotation marks. For example, "Project Finance".
Searches are not case sensitive.