SR. CLIENT FINANCIAL SERVICES SPECIALIST – Minneapolis Office
Lindquist & Vennum has an opening for a full time Sr. Client Financial Services Specialist.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Support firm financial goals through credit and collection activities to minimize A/R risk and maximize cash flow.
The responsibilities of the Sr. Client Financial Services Specialist include:
- Research and analyze accounts prior to initiating contact with clients, examine historical data and evaluate previous collections efforts.
- Contact clients and establish reason for past due accounts. Make arrangements for payment to bring account current and follow up to ensure obligation is satisfied.
- Communicate with attorneys regarding appropriate client balances, if payments are missed, or on an as needed basis.
- Establish and monitor payment plans for amounts owed. Record all appropriate data in collection notes system including the received/promised payments and appropriate follow up date(s). Adjust payment plans as needed. Recommend accounts where it is prudent to document and secure debt through promissory notes, settlement agreements, confessions of judgment, attorney liens, etc.
- Initiate appropriate write off/write down requests as needed and agreed upon with billing attorney.
- Maintain collection notes database of all pertinent facts and communications with clients and attorneys regarding client accounts.
- Review all actions with attorneys and Director of Client Services as necessary or requested.
- Upon attorney request, complete client credit pre-screening for prospective clients and recommend the appropriate actions to attorney including the amount that the firm can safely extend along with recommendations for retainers, personal guarantees and other prudent steps to minimize firm risk.
- Serve as back-up in completing the credit and engagement letter review for all applicable new clients as they come through the new client workflow system. This includes utilizing appropriate resources such as Experian, Bauer Financial reports, Accurint reports, Westlaw reports and other business underwriting resources to determine appropriate credit extension which is recorded in the workflow credit comments.
- Serve as back-up in completing reviews of new client matters in workflow that have an A/R balance greater than 60 days past due and greater than $4,000. Take appropriate follow up actions to approve or reject new matter and communicate these decisions to the appropriate attorney(s). Document these reviews in the collection notes system.
- Contact insurance companies, outside counsel and other parties regarding collection or disputed matters when warranted or instructed to by firm attorneys or management.
- Conduct complex negotiations and settlements of large dollars with clients as directed by firm attorneys. Recommend and assist in drafting agreements and other documents necessary to protect firm interests.
- Recommend appropriate accounts that should be placed with a third party agency to Director of Client Services.
- Perform needed training and education for staff in Experian and other areas as required.
- Serve as a backup to certain tasks normally assigned to the Director of Client Services including approving write downs and write offs, communications with practice group chairs and other firm personnel when needed.
- Other duties, as assigned in relation to the Sr. Client Financial Services Specialist position.
- B.A. Degree in Business or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least five years of applicable collections or credit experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel) and Aderant.
- Knowledge of legal requirements for credit and collection procedures.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Must be able to speak English proficiently.
- Possess strong customer service orientation communication skills. Interact with all levels of personnel including the firm’s clients.
- Must be highly organized, able to set priorities, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
L&V offers a professional work environment and a competitive salary and benefits package. Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary history by email to
or by mail to Staff Recruiter, Sr. Client Financial Services Specialist, Lindquist & Vennum, 4200 IDS Center, 80 South 8th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55402.
LINDQUIST & VENNUM LLP IS AN AA/EEO EMPLOYER
ESTATE TAX SPECIALIST – Minneapolis Office
Lindquist & Vennum is seeking an Estate Tax Specialist for its Minneapolis office. The Specialist will be responsible for all aspects of tax compliance for estates and trusts administered by the firm. Responsibilities include conducting research to address unique and challenging tax situations with significant tax implications; interacting with IRS and estate planning professionals; interacting with beneficiaries to support team with complex tax explanations; providing tax and accounting consultation to estate settlement; creating and maintaining databases of probate procedures, tax codes, estate tax and/or inheritance tax laws, and fiduciary tax laws; ensuring compliance with fiduciary tax reporting laws; receiving Notifications of Death and preparing initial tax analysis for attorneys; handling special projects related to tax, complex funding issues, trust language interpretation, training on changes in relevant tax laws, analysis and presentation of income and tax projections for beneficiaries; analysis and creation of plan to collect tax-deferred assets, analysis and presentation of gain/loss issues for beneficiaries; and preparing tax returns, reviewing outside prepared returns, and managing IRS audit process.
A bachelor’s degree, 6+ years of estate and transfer tax compliance experience, and 6+ years of experience developing and implementing complicated post-mortem estate plans required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel is also required.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and salary history before June 30, 2013, to:
Lisanne T. Weisz
Director of Legal Recruiting
Lindquist & Vennum LLP
LINDQUIST & VENNUM LLP IS AN AA/EEO EMPLOYER