Lindquist & Vennum is actively involved in the Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC). Lindquist & Vennum served as the ACC's Corporate and Securities National Committee from 2007-2010. Currently, the firm serves as a special membership sponsor of the ACC-Minnesota Chapter.
Working closely with in-house counsel from a variety of companies and industries, our firm has made contributions that include:
About the Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC)
- Presenting on panels at the annual meeting on topics encompassing:
- Bankruptcy and workouts
- Mergers and acquisitions for non-M&A attorneys
- Corporate and securities litigation
- Right to select counsel in insurance coverage negotiations
- Preparing and delivering webcast presentations on the following topics:
- Changing securities rules and best practices for small reporting companies
- Reviewing and negotiating contracts
- Managing the acquisition or divestiture process
- Writing and updating white papers (called InfoPAKs) on the subjects of
- Internal investigations
- Responding to governmental investigations
- Providing legal updates during monthly committee calls on the following “hot topics”:
- General and in-house counsel as enforcement targets
- How in-house counsel can help protect trademarks and Internet domain names
- Current SEC perspectives on issues of interest
- Trade associations
- The pros and cons of litigation and arbitration
The Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC)
is the world’s largest organization serving the professional and business interests of attorneys who practice in the legal departments of corporations, associations and other private-sector organizations around the globe.
The ACC promotes the common interests of its members, contributes to their continuing education, helps them succeed in their careers, and provides a voice on issues of national and international importance.
With nearly 25,000 members employed by more than 10,000 organizations in 75 countries, ACC connects its members to each other, and to the people and resources necessary for their personal and professional growth.