Jessica assists clients in all aspects of business litigation, including insurance-coverage and real estate litigation, and appellate law. She has extensive experience representing clients in insurance coverage disputes, complex contract litigation, and shareholder disputes. As a member of Lindquist & Vennum’s appellate practice group, Jessica assists clients in perfecting and defending appeals in both state and federal court.
Jessica has represented clients at all court levels, from conciliation court to the United States Supreme Court. Her experience includes the following:
- Two multimillion dollar insurance-coverage jury trials wherein the firm’s clients sought insurance coverage for asbestos and environmental-contamination-related claims
- Successful resolution on summary judgment of multimillion dollar title insurance dispute
- Extensive work briefing Plains Commerce Bank v. Long Family Land and Cattle Company, a case in which the U.S. Supreme Court found in favor of the firm’s client
- Lead counsel for pro bono client through the Federal Pro Se Litigant's Program
Jessica is known for her exceptional persuasive writing skills, strategic insight, and hands-on approach to litigation. Her wide-ranging litigation experience has given her a strong appreciation for the needs of her clients, and an understanding of how to best achieve their goals.
Prior to joining Lindquist & Vennum, Jessica practiced insurance law in California.
Organizations and Affiliations
- “Missing Policies: Insurers’ and Policyholders’ Perspectives on Best Practices,” ABA Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee Annual Meeting, March 2008
Honors and Awards
- American Bar Association Tort Trial and Insurance Practice, Title Insurance Committee Member
- American Bar Association Tort Trial and Insurance Practice, Insurance Coverage Committee Member
- American Bar Association Litigation Section, Appellate Practice Committee Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association Appellate Practice Section Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association Civil Litigation Section Member
- California State Bar Association Member
- Hennepin County Bar Association Member
- Federal Bar Association, Minnesota Chapter Member
- Minnesota Women Lawyers Member
- Risk Insurance Management Society (RIMS) Member
- Leonard E. Lindquist Pro Bono Award, 2012
- Pro Bono Spirit Award, 2012