Dan represents clients in a wide array of commercial disputes. He has represented both corporate and individual policyholders in insurance recovery litigation, equipment leasing companies in contract disputes, lenders in connection with loan defaults and commercial foreclosures, and both individuals and corporations in shareholder rights cases.
While Dan’s broad experience allows him to handle most any commercial dispute, he focuses particularly on competing creditor claims under Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code and state agricultural lien laws and regularly authors legal updates and presents on agricultural lien issues. His agricultural law practice has allowed him to represent a wide-range of clients, including farmers, agricultural lenders and cooperatives.
Dan’s interest in agricultural law is inspired by his experience growing up and working on a farm in southwest Minnesota where his family is still involved in livestock and crop production todayRepresentative Experience
- Secured favorable settlements for livestock producers and agricultural lenders, including approximately $1 million worth of feeder’s lien rights under Minnesota’s agricultural lien statute.
- Obtained favorable settlement for minority owners in shareholder rights case.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of Minnesota cooperative to enforce uniform marketing agreements.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of commercial lender for breach of loan guaranty for failure to pay delinquent taxes on real estate.
- Obtained favorable settlement for equipment leasing company for breach of lease agreement.
- A Guide to Biotechnology Finance - 2009 Supplement, Lindquist & Vennum, 2009