Josh is a member of Lindquist & Vennum’s Employee Benefits, Executive Compensation and Employment Law Practice Group. Josh’s practice includes providing advice on issues related to retirement plans, welfare benefit plans, wellness programs, and incentive-compensation arrangements. Josh also assists clients with a broad range of employment matters, such as employment contracts and wage-and-hour compliance.
Before joining Lindquist & Vennum, Josh was a teacher in Los Angeles, California and San Jose, Costa Rica.
Publications and Presentations
- Advising employers and providers on maintaining compliance with ERISA, Internal Revenue Code, Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Health Care Reform), HIPAA, COBRA, and other related laws
- Drafting and amending plan documents and summary plan descriptions
- Designing and drafting equity, phantom equity and deferred compensation plans
- Drafting transaction documents for the purchase and sale of companies to ESOPs
- Conducting comprehensive employee benefits due diligence during corporate mergers and acquisitions
- Auditing and drafting employee handbooks, policies, and employment and independent contractor agreements
- Co-author, "Bedroom vs. Boardroom: How to Handle Contraception Benefits after Hobby Lobby," Employee Benefits Planner, Vol. 21, Issue 3, 2014
- Wills for Heroes, Volunteer Attorney
- Children's Law Center, Volunteer Attorney