April practices corporate and securities law and provides general representation of both publicly and privately held companies. Her practice emphasizes securities and corporate finance. April has significant experience advising publicly held companies on:
- Periodic reporting compliance
- Registered and private offerings
- Corporate governance
- Disclosure matters mergers and acquisition transactions
- Compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Listing and compliance with the requirements of self-regulatory organizations
She also advises broker-dealers and investment advisors.
For privately held companies, April provides general legal representation, typically in the areas of formation, shareholder agreements, and private placements.
She represents clients in various industries such as life sciences and medical device, information systems, consumer products, telecommunications, renewable energy, hospitality, and manufacturing.
April was an adjunct professor at William Mitchell College of Law for the first-year core course, "Writing & Representation: Advice and Persuasion" (WRAP), from 2005 to 2010.
- "How the Federal JOBS Act Affects Closely Held Businesses" (2013 Minnesota Closely Held Business Conference), January 2013
- “Due Diligence: A Must for Financing & More” (The Collaborative’s Innovation Series), January 2012
- "Review of Private Placement Principles in Capital Raising and M&A" (Lindquist & Vennum Business Law Webinar Series), November 2012 & November 2011
- "The N&B (Nuts and Bolts) of M&A" (Lindquist & Vennum Business Law Webinar Series), June 2012 and May 2011
- “Private Capital Formation" (The Minnesota Business Law Deskbook Seminar), July 2010
- "Current Issues for the Corporate Secretary" (Minnesota Chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel Webinar), November 2010
- "Preparing for Your 2010 Annual Meeting of Shareholders" (Association of Corporate Counsel Webinar), 2010
- Co-chair, SEC Accounting, Compliance & Legal Issues Update, and moderator/panelist for "Proxy Disclosure and Governance Update" (Bowne), 2010
- Co-chair, SEC Accounting, Compliance & Legal Issues Update, and moderator/panelist for "SEC Disclosure Update" (Bowne and Clarity Systems), 2009
- "Securities 101 for In-House Counsel" (Association of Corporate Counsel Annual Meeting), 2009
- "Preventing Legal Malpractice Claims and Ethics Complaints in Your Practice" (Minnesota Lawyers Mutual Insurance Company), 2009
- "Securities Law Basics: Real Estate Syndications and Joint Ventures" (Denver Metro Commercial Association of Realtors), 2009
- "Corporate Governance--Executive Compensation Reform" (Bowne SEC Legal and Accounting Issues Update), 2007
- "Up-the-Ladder Reporting When Things Go Awry: Ethics Issues and the Attorney's Role" (2005 International Business Law Institute), 2005
- "2004 Proxy Preparation" (Hennepin County Bar Association, Securities Law Section), 2004
- "Security Law Basics" (Clarion Legal Education), 2004