Frank is recognized as a top-rated corporate and M&A attorney in Chambers USA’s America’s Leading Lawyers for Business and the Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal’s Best of the Bar.
Frank advises public and private clients on:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Private equity transactions
- General corporate law
- Corporate finance
- Venture financing
In his mergers and acquisitions practice, Frank represents a variety of U.S. and international private equity groups in numerous M&A, divestiture, and business-combination transactions. He also represents strategic buyers, sellers, investors, financial advisors, management, and minority shareholders in leveraged and management buyouts, corporate restructurings, and related transactions. Among the industries covered in these transactions are food processing, agriculture and egg production, manufacturing, plastics, printing, aviation, software, transportation, retail, insurance, audio and electronics, distribution and sales, and financial services.
Frank has considerable experience handling the financing and closing of transactions in distressed situations, including 363 transactions. He represented the buyer in an acquisition that received the 2008 “Transaction of the Year” award from the Turnaround Management Association’s Minnesota chapter.
Acting as outside general counsel, Frank provides general corporate advice to officers, directors, and senior management on various contracts, finance, licensing, employment, tax, corporate governance, and other legal matters. He has served on numerous corporate boards and as corporate secretary for a number of publicly held companies.
Frank is past chair of the firm's Corporate Finance and Mergers and Acquisitions practice group and has served on Lindquist & Vennum’s management committee and on a variety of other boards; he is a past chair of the Edina School Board. He is a frequent lecturer at M&A educational programs and seminars, and previously served as editor of the Minnesota State Bar Association’s Business Law Section newsletter.
Honors and Awards
- Regularly recognized in Minnesota Super Lawyers, Chambers USA's America's Leading Lawyers for Business, and the Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal's Best of the Bar
- Ranked in the top 10 of Minnesota Journal of Law & Politics’ listing of the top 25 Merger and Acquisition lawyers in Minnesota, based on a vote of attorneys in the state
- Edina School Board, former Chair
- Edina ABC Foundation, past Board of Directors Member and two-term Chair
- West Metro Education Program, past Board Chair
- Washburn Center for Children, current Member of the Board of Directors
- Colonial Church of Edina, Deacon Board
- Minnehaha Academy, past Member of the Board of Trustees