Recognized as a top-rated attorney in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Frank Bennett advises public and private clients on mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, corporate finance, venture finance, and general corporate law. He represents a variety of U.S. and international private equity groups as well as strategic buyers, sellers, investors, financial advisors, management, and minority shareholders in leveraged and management buyouts, corporate restructurings, and related transactions. Among the industries covered in these transactions are food processing and production, plastics and packaging, manufacturing, printing, aviation, software, transportation, retail, insurance, distribution and sales, and financial services.
Frank also acts as outside general counsel to officers, directors, and senior management, providing general corporate advice on contracts, finance, licensing, employment, tax, corporate governance, and other matters.
Honors and Awards
Represented a European private equity group in the sale of various US operating companies in connection with the sale of a European based audio and electronics platform to a leading European private equity sponsor in a transaction valued at over $100 million.
Represented a leading US family owned agricultural production and distribution company in the sale of selected production and distribution facilities. The seller was ranked in the top five in the industry at the time of the sale.
Represented a Twin Cities based private equity group in the purchase of a food ingredients company located in the western United States in a transaction valued at over $60 million.
Represented a Twin Cities based privately held grocery operator in connection with the purchase of certain Rainbow Foods stores and their conversion to Cub Foods Stores in a joint arrangement with SuperValu.
Represented a new Twin Cities based growth and investment based private equity sponsor in the first closing of its fund and in its first investment in a reporting and analytics software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform serving the restaurant industry.
Represented a Twin Cities based private equity sponsor in the sale of a plastics colorants business located in the eastern United States, a transaction that marked more than a dozen transactions closed by Frank in the plastics industry over the last several years.
Represented management in the sale of a global leader in the manufacture and distribution of its proprietary products for heavy duty trucks and off road equipment. Frank has represented the company or management in a series of three major transactions over the last several years.
Represented a European agricultural company in the acquisition of a seed production and distribution company located in the southwestern United States.
- Best Lawyers in America - Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2015
- Regularly recognized in Minnesota Super Lawyers, Chambers USA's America's Leading Lawyers for Business, and the Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal's Best of the Bar
- Ranked in the top 10 of Minnesota Journal of Law & Politics’ listing of the top 25 Merger and Acquisition lawyers in Minnesota, based on a vote of attorneys in the state
- One of the Minnesota State Bar Association's North Star Lawyers, recognizing exceptional attorney pro bono service contributions
- Couleee Bank Board, Lacrosse, Wisconsin, Member
- Edina School Board, former Chair
- Edina ABC Foundation, past Board of Directors Member and two-term Chair
- West Metro Education Program, past Board Chair
- Washburn Center for Children, current Vice Chair of the Board
- Colonial Church of Edina, Deacon Board
- Minnehaha Academy, past Member of the Board of Trustees