A member of Lindquist & Vennum’s Employee Benefits, Executive Compensation & Employment Law practice group, Nancy practices primarily in the area of labor and employment law. She also has comprehensive knowledge of school and local government law.
Nancy has extensive experience in all aspects of employment law in the public and private sectors, primarily representing management. She advises individual clients on employment and severance agreements, and she has unique experience in local-government employment matters.
Nancy provides counseling to employers on prevention and defense of employment claims and litigation, employment termination, discipline and discharge issues, interpretation, and application of various employment laws, and defense of employment discrimination claims. She also negotiates labor contracts and handles mediation and arbitration of labor disputes, and has served as a mediator in employment matters.
She is a frequent speaker on substantive employment issues throughout the country, and co-authored An Employer’s Guide to Employment Law Issues in Minnesota.
Nancy has served on the Minnesota Board of Public Defense, and chaired the Minnesota Supreme Court’s Client Security Board. A past president of the Olmsted County Bar Association, she is active in several professional and charitable organizations.
Before joining Lindquist & Vennum, Nancy was a shareholder and managing attorney of a large law firm in Rochester, Minnesota.
Honors and Awards
- Council of School Attorneys (National School Boards Association)
- National Public Employer Labor Relations Association
- Minnesota Public Employers Labor Relations Association
- Former President, Olmsted County Bar Association
- Best Lawyers in America, 2003–2013
- Minnesota Super Lawyers, 2005-2006
- "AV" Martindale-Hubbell peer-review rating
- "Top Lawyers in Minnesota," Minnesota Monthly