Amy Lauck advises financial institutions and third party service providers on legal and regulatory matters relating to various financial products and services, including prepaid access products, credit cards, mobile banking services, remote image capture services, remittance transfer services, consumer and commercial installment loans, consumer lines of credit, tax-related financial products, deposit and savings accounts and other emerging payment solutions.
She also assists her clients in negotiating complex commercial transactions and financing arrangements, drafting key contracts and consumer disclosures, implementing new financial products and services, responding to and defending against consumer claims, and working with regulators to resolve supervisory and enforcement matters.
Amy previously served as Senior Legal Counsel at MetaBank where she assisted in implementing and administering a variety of financial products and services.
Awards & Recognition
- Voted Top 10 Payments Lawyer of 2014 by Paybefore™
- Represented several leading prepaid card issuing banks with third party vendor management, contract negotiations, compliance and new product implementation matters.
- Counseled credit card issuing banks and service providers in developing new consumer credit products, including development of consumer disclosures, marketing materials and financing arrangements for loan receivables.
- Assisted financial institutions with the roll-out of consumer mobile and internet banking services and ancillary services such as bill pay, PopMoney, SMS text banking and remote deposit capture.
- Represented financial institutions on the roll-out of cash management services, including internet banking, ACH origination services, wire transfer services, remote deposit capture services, and positive pay services.
- Advised issuers and service providers on various regulatory requirements, including, but not limited to: Truth in Lending Act (Regulation Z), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (Regulation B), Electronic Funds Transfer Act (Regulation E), Durbin Amendment (Regulation II), Truth in Savings Act (Regulation DD), Gramm Leach Bliley Act (Regulation P), Fair Credit Reporting Act (Regulation V), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (Regulation F), Servicemembers Civil Relief Act, Military Lending Act, Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC regulations, FFIEC internet banking guidance, NACHA rules, network operating rules, FinCEN MSB rules, state money transmission rules, and various other payment systems requirements.
Media & Presentations
Lindquist Gets Real: Real Estate Tips from Lindquist & Vennum
"Regulatory Updates & Enforcement Trends - Prepaid, Credit & More"
Lindquist & Vennum Card Issuer Workshop
"The Rapidly Changing Regulatory Landscape for Emerging Payment Systems”
Practicing Law Institute, Consumer Financial Services Conference, Chicago, IL
“CFPB’s Final Prepaid Account Rule; Deep Dive of Short and Long Form Disclosures”
Compliance Professionals Organization
You may use the wildcard symbol (*) as a root expander. A search for "anti*" will find not only "anti", but also "anti-trust", "antique", etc.
Entering two terms together in a search field will behave as though an "OR" is being used. For example, entering "Antique Motorcars" as a Client Name search will find results with either word in the Client Name.
AND and OR may be used in a search. Note: they must be capitalized, e.g., "Project AND Finance."
The + and - sign operators may be used. The + sign indicates that the term immediately following is required, while the - sign indicates to omit results that contain that term. E.g., "+real -estate" says results must have "real" but not "estate".
To perform an exact phrase search, surround your search phrase with quotation marks. For example, "Project Finance".
Searches are not case sensitive.