Bob Tunheim represents clients in mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance transactions and general business matters. He provides counsel to a variety of private equity groups in their formation, investments and liquidation transactions. His M&A and corporate finance work includes handling control transactions, minority investments, mezzanine financing transactions and corporate restructurings. Bob also provides general legal advice to businesses, including many of his private equity clients’ portfolio companies, on a variety of issues, including contract, finance, securities, licensing, choice of entity and other matters.
Bob’s work in the area of mergers and acquisitions has earned him multiple recognitions as a Super Lawyer, one of America’s Leading Lawyers for Business in Chambers USA and Best Lawyers in America – Mergers and Acquisitions Law.
Awards & Recognition
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Corporate M&A – Minnesota
- Minnesota Super Lawyers (2015-2017)
- Best Lawyers in America (2015, 2017-2018)
- 11th annual M&A Advisor Awards, Finalist, M&A Deal of the Year Between $10MM and $25MM (2012)
- North Star Lawyer, Minnesota State Bar Association (2013, 2014, 2016)
- Represented Productivity, Inc. in its acquisition of Monkton’s Machine Tools, Inc.
- Represented Wealth Enhancement Group, LLC in its sale to Lightyear Capital
- Represented Bayview Capital Partners in its co-investment with Goldner Hawn Johnson & Morrison in Quest Events
- Represented Bloodhound Investment Research, Inc. in the sale of a majority equity interest to Minnesota Ventures, LLC
- Represented Convergent Capital Partners in a subordinated debt investment in Nutiva
- Represented Downs Food Group, Inc. in its acquisition of Fairmont Foods, Inc.
- Represented Convergent Capital Partners in its acquisition of a majority stake in All Star Construction and related entities
- Represented Bayview Capital Partners in its acquisition of Seaway Plastics
- Represented Convergent Capital Partners in a subordinated debt investment in Staging Concepts
- Represented Convergent Capital Partners in a subordinated debt investment in Poblocki Sign Company
- Represented Checkers Industrial Products, LLC in its sale to an affiliate of Audax Group
- Represented Tonka Bay Equity Partners in the sale of its portfolio company Aero Systems Engineering, Inc.
- Represented Angie’s Artisan Treats, LLC in the sale of a majority equity interest to TPG Growth
- Represented Convergent Capital Partners in a subordinated debt investment in Tavant Technologies
- Represented Spell Capital Mezzanine Partners in a subordinated debt investment in Las Vegas Color Graphics
- Represented Wealth Enhancement Group, LLC in its acquisition of Summit Wealth Advisors, LLC
- Represented Convergent Capital Partners in a senior and subordinated debt investment in Bay West LLC
- Represented AST Bearings LLC in their sale to Motion Industries, Inc.
- Represented GMB Mezzanine Partners in a subordinated debt investment in Control Devices, LLC
- Represented SPINS LLC in its acquisitions of Third Solutions Inc., Data Garden and Destini LLC.
- Represented Aero Systems Engineering, Inc. in the sale of Celtech Corporation to Atec Inc.
- Represented GMB Mezzanine Capital in its subordinated debt investment in Calcium Products
- Represented Bayview Capital Partners in its acquisition of Q Dental Group
- Represented Bayview Capital Partners in its acquisition of Quick Cable Inc.
- Represented DentiGrafix LLC in its formation and early stage financing
Media & Presentations
"Negotiating Intercreditor Agreements: Top Ten Tips for Mezzanine Lenders," Lindquist & Vennum, Dealmaker Counsel
The Real Estate Journal, Thomson Reuters Publications, Fall 2011
Business Law for Controllers & CFOs
MNCPA Management and Business Advisers Conference
"Board of Director Duties and Protections," Marsh & McLennan Agency
You may use the wildcard symbol (*) as a root expander. A search for "anti*" will find not only "anti", but also "anti-trust", "antique", etc.
Entering two terms together in a search field will behave as though an "OR" is being used. For example, entering "Antique Motorcars" as a Client Name search will find results with either word in the Client Name.
AND and OR may be used in a search. Note: they must be capitalized, e.g., "Project AND Finance."
The + and - sign operators may be used. The + sign indicates that the term immediately following is required, while the - sign indicates to omit results that contain that term. E.g., "+real -estate" says results must have "real" but not "estate".
To perform an exact phrase search, surround your search phrase with quotation marks. For example, "Project Finance".
Searches are not case sensitive.